Hello! I’m Michelle. You’ve found the tiny corner of the web where I feature books–the many titles I’ve reviewed as well as the ones I write. You probably already know I got my start in the middle grade genre but now write primarily speculative and historical fiction. You might not know that I seldom match my socks, I have a three-legged golden retriever mix named Bailey, I bike over a thousand miles every summer, I’ve never owned a cell phone, and I garden, but just stuff I can eat.
Want to know more? Here’s the “fun” version of my bio, since the “official” one mostly just lists the awards found farther down this page:
MICHELLE ISENHOFF writes for tweens, teens, and kids as old as 93. When she isn’t writing imaginary adventures, she’s probably off on a real one. She loves roller coasters, big dogs, high school football games, swimming in big waves, strolling through old graveyards, and wearing flip-flops all winter. Her dream vacation would include lots of castle ruins, but so far she’s had to settle for pictures on Pinterest. Once an elementary teacher, Michelle homeschooled combinations of her three kids for twelve years. Now that they’ve all graduated to public school, she writes full time and feels like she’s on a perpetual summer holiday.
I’m also a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. As such, I’ll never include profanity or objectionable content in books meant for children. Works intended for older readers are written with conscionable restraint. My fiction is non-religious.
Want to try some of my books free? Sign up for my newsletter. They post twice a month and include Deals and Steals, Current Promos, and an inside look at the creation of my books.
In a genre dominated by traditional publishers, I’m thrilled to have received the following accolades:
- Reader-nominated for a 2018 Cybils Award (Recompense)
- Awarded Readers’ Favorite Five Star Seal, 2017 (Blood of Pioneers)
- Awarded Readers’ Favorite Five Star Seal, 2016 (Song of the Mountain)
- Reader-nominated for a 2016 Cybils Award (Blood Moon)
- Awarded Readers’ Favorite Five Star Seal, 2016 (The Quill Pen)
- Awarded Readers’ Favorite Five Star Seal, 2016 (The Candle Star)
- Finalist for the 2015 Wishing Shelf Independent Book Award (Taylor Davis and the Flame of Findul)
- Reader-nominated for a 2013 Cybils Award (Song of the Mountain)
- Semi-finalist in the Kindle Book Review 2013 Book Awards (Song of the Mountain)
- Librarian-nominated for the 2012 Great Michigan Read (Divided Decade Collection)
- Teacher-nominated for the 2012 Maine Student Book Award (The Color of Freedom)