Hello! I’m Michelle. You’ve found the tiny corner of the web where I feature books–the many titles I’ve reviewed as well as the ones I write.
I’m a former elementary teacher who stayed home to raise and homeschool my three kids in various configurations for twelve years. During my infrequent down time, I wrote content for a variety of Christian, parenting, and educational publications. In 2010, I began blogging about middle grade fiction. I received my first Kindle about the same time, and so began my journey into digital self-publishing. Teaming up with editor extraodinaire Amy Nemecek (Baker Publishing Group), I published eight children’s titles then forayed into the adult market with a Civil War historical fiction trilogy followed by a 5-book sci-fi series. Currently, I’m incorporating more freelance work into my schedule while composing a trilogy set in the 1920’s.
Now that the important stuff is out of the way, here’s a fun version of my bio:
MICHELLE ISENHOFF writes for tweens, teens, and kids as old as 93. When she isn’t writing imaginary adventures, she’s probably off on a real one. She loves roller coasters, big dogs, high school football games, swimming in waves, strolling through old graveyards, and wearing flip-flops all winter. Once a distance runner, she swapped her trainers for a mountain bike and clocks 1000 miles every summer. She now writes full time and feels like she’s on perpetual summer holiday.
I’m also a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. As such, I’ll never include profanity or objectionable content in books meant for children. Works intended for older readers are written with conscionable restraint. My fiction is non-religious.
Want to try some of my books free? Sign up for my newsletter. They post twice a month and include Deals and Steals, Current Promos, and an inside look at the creation of my books.
In a genre dominated by traditional publishers, I’m thrilled to have received the following accolades:
- Reader-nominated for a 2018 Cybils Award (Recompense)
- Awarded Readers’ Favorite Five Star Seal, 2017 (Blood of Pioneers)
- Awarded Readers’ Favorite Five Star Seal, 2016 (Song of the Mountain)
- Reader-nominated for a 2016 Cybils Award (Blood Moon)
- Awarded Readers’ Favorite Five Star Seal, 2016 (The Quill Pen)
- Awarded Readers’ Favorite Five Star Seal, 2016 (The Candle Star)
- Finalist for the 2015 Wishing Shelf Independent Book Award (Taylor Davis and the Flame of Findul)
- Reader-nominated for a 2013 Cybils Award (Song of the Mountain)
- Semi-finalist in the Kindle Book Review 2013 Book Awards (Song of the Mountain)
- Librarian-nominated for the 2012 Great Michigan Read (Divided Decade Collection)
- Teacher-nominated for the 2012 Maine Student Book Award (The Color of Freedom)