Here’s another batch of Newbery Honor books and links to where to find them as well as to my reviews. Asterics indicate books I’ve read but not reviewed. How many have you read?
- A Long Way From Chicago, by Richard Peck. *
- Ella Enchanted, by Gail Carson Levine. *
- Lily’s Crossing, by Patricia Reilly Giff.
- Wringer, by Jerry Spinelli.
- A Girl Named Disaster, by Nancy Farmer.
- The Moorchild, by Eloise McGraw. *
- The Thief, by Megan Whalen Turner.
- Belle Prater’s Boy, by Ruth White. Review
- What Jamie Saw, by Carolyn Coman.
- The Watsons Go to Birmingham–1963, by Christopher Paul Curtis, *
- Yolonda’s Genius, by Carol Fenner.
- The Great Fire, by Jim Murphy.
- Crazy Lady! by Jane Leslie Conly.
- Dragon’s Gate, by Laurence Yep.
- Eleanor Roosevelt: A Life of Discovery, by Russell Freedman.
- What Hearts, by Bruce Brooks.
- The Dark-Thirty: Southern Tales of the Supernatural, by Patricia McKissack.
- Somewhere In The Darkness, by Walter Dean Myers.
- Nothing But The Truth, by Avi.
- The Wright Brothers: How They Invented the Airplane, by Russell Freedman.
- Afternoon of the Elves, by Janet Taylor Lisle.
- Shabanu: Daughter of the Wind, by Suzanne Fisher Staples.
- The Winter Room, by Gary Paulsen.
Newbery Honor Books, 1990-1999